Monday, February 12, 2007

Family Matters

(from Hotline)

Family Matters

The Big Three all seemed to touch on matters close to home over the weekend.

The St. Pete Times reports that one of McCain's sons, Jimmy, is likely heading with his Marine unit to Anbar province this summer. But in an interview, the senator declines to expound. "I won't talk about my kids."

Giuliani, in a chat from his South Carolina trip last weekend, admits to The State: "I made mistakes in my private life. There may be a few candidates who never have. I don’t know who they are." He adds: "The question is: Have we grown? I think I have.”

Speaking to the Michigan GOP's convention in Grand Rapids yesterday, Romney invoked his father, the former governor of the Wolverine State. "He got Michigan moving again."

And last, but certainly not least, a Show Me State spy shares that in introducing her husband at the Missouri GOP's Lincoln Day Dinner last night, Ann Romney got a little saucy. "The biggest difference between Mitt Romney and the other candidates," she said, is that Mitt has "only had one wife."

I understand that the jibe was told in a light-hearted fashion and was meant to evoke the great line that National Review's Kate O'Beirne got off last summer in assessing the Republican contenders. "The only guy in the GOP field with only one wife would be the Mormon."

No comments: